Monday, March 15, 2010

Sleep Deprived

It has been a little hard to get myself going today. We went to Salt Lake this weekend for a short, impromtu, surprise visit. Mostly for Joey's mom, but we saw some friends as well.

So we got into Salt Lake about 12 friday night and stayed at a Motel 6 cuz they would take dogs. (We brought our little 'Schnoodle', Jack, with us) Now this motel room looked like it had seen better days and that the cleaning crew only did the minimal amount of work expected of them. That, and Amelia was sleeping with me, led to the very long night of not much sleep.

Now, going on vacation or a visit is exhausting in and of itself, but top it off with a limited amount of time and daylight savings in the middle it was VERY exhausting! We had a good visit with everyone though. Maybe a little too good because we didn't get on the road until about 5PM Sunday to start our 8-hour treck home. It was a good thing that the boys were good for the most part and that Amelia realized that it was night time so she slept most of the way. Therefore we didn't have to stop as much.

To make a long story short, we got home at 2AM this morning safe and sound and SLEEPY! I thought, "Good, and few hours of sleep before I have to take Noah to school". Well I was so sound asleep that I don't remember Elias climbing in bed with us sometime. Joey finally woke me up saying Elias was crazy hot. He had a fever, it was 5AM, I got up, gave him a drink of water, which he then decided to swallow and then cough and then spew all over me, gave him some medicine and soothing shower/bath and put him back to bed.

Sleep........oh so short.

Amelia then woke up at 7AM wanting to eat. After she ate she started coughing and threw-up all that she ate on ME. After a quick change and wipe down I had to get Noah off to school. Let's just say that I am running on empty today, but I am glad that my kidd-o's are feeling a little better than they were this morning.

Motherhood.......so full of fun and surprises sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey look at this! I'm posting a comment! :o) I'm glad you guys came, it was fun to see you all! So sorry that you had a rotten sleep deprived visit though! I hope you are all recooped now!

    ReplyDelete