Friday, March 12, 2010

The Challenge

So the gauntlet has been thrown. By whom you might ask? My hubby, that's who. I think he was tired of hearing me whine about my lack of slenderness or lack of being in shape. Whatever the case, he has challenged me to a dual. So here it is:

He says that he can get 6-pack abs BEFORE I can lose the weight I gained from the baby.


I think he knows that I am an extremely competitive person. (I think that comes from being the youngest of 7 kids.) I am most competitive when it comes to my husband and he knows that. So I'm not sure if he is really just tired of hearing me whine or he knows me so well that I need a challenge to excerise or he just wants me to lose weight. Whichever it is, it is working!


The thing is is that I only gained about 10lbs with Amelia and I only have about 3lbs to lose to get back to the weight I was before I was pregnant. So that shouldn't be too hard. It's the fact that I was NOT the weight I WANTED to be when I got pregnant so I am trying to lose more. I want to lose 13-15lbs and I am shooting for a flat stomach. So, here are the starting weight and measurements:


I wieghed and measured myself yesterday and I was 153 1/2lbs and my waist was 33in. BUT my FAT, aka "Love handles", around my stomach was 35 1/2in.

Can I do it? We shall see. I started a couple of days ago and I did a bunch of sit-ups and push-ups.(I would set a timer for 10 minutes and when it went off I would do 10 sit-ups or crunches and try to do at least 10 push-ups. Woosie, I know.) Then I went for a run/walk with the dog for about a mile. Yesterday I did about the same, but I went for a walk with the dog in the afternoon. And last night I played basketball with a bunch of ladies from 8:30-10:30. I am feeling the after affects of that decision today. OUCH! It was a really good cardio workout though. We have some girls that are still in highschool that play also that make us "old" and out-of-shape ladies RUN. Did I mention I'm in a little bit of pain?!? My body is screaming at me, "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?"

So wish me luck! Hopefully it will start getting better before it gets worse....... hopefully........


A shout out to all my friends in SLC...... we are coming down there TODAY!! We won't be there till LATE tonight since we are leaving when Joey gets off work and we will be leaving Sunday afternoon sometime. We might just pop in at church to say hi, so if we don't see ya I think we are planning a trip down there Easter weekend also. I'm excited!!




2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, that picture is NOT me. I din't want to scare anyone by putting me on there. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, how did you get my picture on there?!

    I hope I get to see you while you are in town!

    Barbara, you are inspiring. WAY To go! I think you will win!

    ReplyDelete