Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life Update

I have decided that my life is like a rollercoaster. And not one of those rollercoasters that you like and want to ride over and over again. Mine is one of those that not many people ride because it looks like it is going to breakdown or fall apart in the middle of the ride. Scary!

I guess that's what keeps you on your toes though. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All those lines that should give you uplifting feelings and are supposed to make you feel better....... Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

So what's going on with the fam and kids........... Joey's job is still giving him hardly any work and he hasn't been able to find a better one (or ANY one for that matter). I still haven't heard from the elderly lady I am supposed to help. I think that her kids are going to decide that she needs to live with one of them...... so there goes that money I thought was going to come in. It just astounds me how much money problems can stress a person, and relationship, out! *sigh* I also haven't been doing to well on the whole losing weight thingy. (It's a little hard to be motivated right now)

Noah has been doing excellent! He writes his own name (which he has been doing for some time now), he writes his brother's and sister's names all the time, and at school he has been writing down all the areas that he plans to play in for that day (computer area, book area, art area, etc). He has been trying to read and I've been trying to help him. We get new books from the library just about every day that are "learning to read" books. He loves it! He's gotten into a little bit of a rebelious stage that he has "taught" his little brother as well. Elias is in a "No!" phase, which I guess means he is trying to show his independence. I hate it, but what can you do?!

He also is asking me a lot to hold his baby sister. Basically he just puts his arms around her while you hold her up for him. Even if it only last for a few seconds he loves it! Noah and Elias are so different that it amazes me! Noah was walking and talking a lot sooner than Elias ever did. Noah was, and still is, so interested in learning all he can. Elias, I think, could care less. I guess it just goes to show that we were all so different before we came to earth, in the pre-mortal life, even though we came from the same parents.

Amelia is doing well. She is almost 2 months old and she has gained at least 2 pounds since she was born. She is still so tiny and petite though. Noah fit into 0-3 months clothes for about a day and Amelia is just starting to fit into 0-3 months. My brother and his family saw her for the first time the other day and they just kept saying how tiny she was. I don't mind that she is small. It makes it feel like it will be a long time before she grows up and I'm okay with that. She is my precious little girl!

I am happy that we are all alive, healthy, and together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are having a rough time! I'd bring over some chocolate you know... if we lived closer! :o) Keep your chin up, we love ya!

    ReplyDelete