Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blessings

So just when I thought that things aren't going to get better, even though I have done those things the Lord has asked me to do, He blesses me beyond what I could've hoped for.

Joey's job has been lacking in work so he hasn't worked for over a month. Can you imagine not having a months worth of income? And at Christmas time? Well, I can......it's not something I never want to experience EVER again. Let's just say I am glad that we had some, very little, money in savings and some, again very little, food storage. I always thought that food storage was for the second coming or a natural disaster emergency, but now I know that there are many types of "emergencies". I am also very glad to be a part of the true church and that the Lord takes care of His children.

Well, I got a call the other day about a job that I never even thought about. My bishop's wife is a CNA at the hospital and she said an elderly lady wanted to go home, but her kids didn't want her to be home alone. This lady had been looking for someone, unsuccessfully, to help her at home and my bishop's wife told her about me. So she called me, I went to the hospital to meet her and now I have a job. And I can bring Amelia with me so I don't have to worry about pumping bottles! Blessing #1

Blessing #2: Then yesterday Joey's phone rang......and it was his job!!! Yea!!! He is now at work, at least for today and tommorrow. Hopefully they will have enough work for him to go back full time. I'm just glad that he has something to do during the day now. <---Blessing #3. He was starting to drive me nuts! I love my husband, but when you are used to having a schedual and not another person to clean up after (or around), it wears on you.

Blessing #4: We found a house to rent and it is still in the same ward! I am glad for that since I love my calling and I just got it. The only problem is that I can't get ahold of the lady that rents it to go and look at it. Also to ask her if we can have our dog. (We are getting rid of our cat. She's just getting meaner and meaner. And keeps getting into things, like the baby's bed and tipping over water.)

I'm sure that there are many other blessings that I didn't list, but those are the ones that I have been stressing over lately. I know that this post has a completely different tone than the last one and it makes me sound a little bi-polar, but it just happened so fast. Life is good when you're doing what you should! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that things are turning around for you! How exciting to be able to see the Lords hand in your life. So many people don't want to recognize the blessings are coming from the Lord. Have fun with your new job!

    ReplyDelete