Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Blues

So I never realized how much I liked Sunday and church until I can't go, with no fault of my own. I am perfectly healthy, willing, and wanting to go, but there are people that aren't in their best health that go that makes it hard for those of us that have new babies. Doesn't always seem that it's them who come right up to you to congratulate you first?! Maybe it just seems that way to me.
So Joey went to the first half of church and then came home to watch the kids (Noah & Elias have this lingering cold) so I could go to Relief Society. Everyone wanted to see the baby and really wanted to show her off, but flu season and it's about 5 degrees out today.
I'm glad I went. The lesson was about the birth of Christ and it was wonderful! I had to bring the calendar for the month as well(since I am the secretary) and I also got to find out why no-one from the Relief Society or the ward for that matter didn't bring meals or didn't call or didn't do anything when Amelia was born. The RS pres was gone for Thanksgiving, but she did call the Compassionate Service people when she found out and.... well .....yup. I'm just going to make sure that the next family that has a baby gets extra special attention. Do I sound bitter? I hope not, cuz I'm not. Just a little sad.

Here are some of the latest pictures of our little Amelia:

Pretty in Pink


In this picture Joey actually caught her "dream smiling". The picture on the bottom left is me loving to dress her up. I bought this outfit a while ago and it's looks adorable on her even though it's way too big. The picture below is her all dressed up for church today, but she didn't get to go. She looked adorable anyway. She's like my own little dress-up doll. I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so this post didn't turn out like the "preview" showed it would. Rrrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete