Monday, December 21, 2009

A call to Santa

So last week sometime Joey and I were trying to get the boys to pick up the toys in their room. Well, they were having nothing to do with it, so we told them that we were going to call Santa and tell him to not come to our house this year because we have some naughty boys that won't listen. Noah started to freak out......."I want Santa to come! I want presents!" I told him that if he wanted presents and Santa that he better listen and clean up his room.

*I'm not sure how much kids actually comprehend things........if you want this, THEN you need to do that........I don't think that Noah gets it. I know that Elias doesn't get it 'cuz he's young and in 'Elias-land'.*
Well, for sure Noah didn't understand because he picked up a few toys and then started to complain, so I "called Santa" on my cell. *Ring, ring* Noah started crying, "Don't call Santa! I want to be good!". *I couldn't help but giggle a little bit and try to keep a straight face.* 'Santa' answered the phone and I told him that we didn't need his services this year because we have 2 naughty boys who don't want to behave. 'Santa' wanted to talk to Noah so I handed him the phone.
The look on Noah's face was priceless while talking to Santa. He looked so pitiful...... it was cute. When he was done Elias talked to Santa too. He was funny because you could tell he had no idea who he was talking to, but he held up his end of the conversation perfectly. After the phone call they went a picked up their toys and Santa called back.He told them that he knows who is good and bad and that he knows they are good boys who listen to their parents.
The lesson was learned, but not quite absorbed because we still have to threaten them with santa every once and a while. Oh the fun things that you get to do as a parent! I think messing with your kids has to be on top of the list. I love Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! My parents never did that, but I can remember a babysitter who did that to us once and we didn't get it...I remember being really confused and wondering what she was talking about!! :) Hope your little boy gets feeling better soon and that you guys have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete